Rail Freight Transport in OK and AR – DeQueen & Eastern Railroad

The DeQueen & Eastern Railroad (“DQE”) are two connecting railroads that operate as one over a total of 91 track miles in southeast Oklahoma and southwest Arkansas. The DQE interchanges with BNSF via the Kiamichi Railroad at Valliant, Oklahoma; the Kansas City Southern in DeQueen, Arkansas; and the UP at Perkins, Arkansas.

The DQE owns a car repair facility, a fully equipped wheel shop and a locomotive repair shop in DeQueen, Arkansas. Both facilities are equipped with overhead cranes and the locomotive shop is also equipped with a pit and traction motor turntable. There is a maintenance of way building located in DeQueen that has an equipment repair shop with overhead crane, pit, wash and service area. In Valliant, Oklahoma, there is a maintenance of way equipment repair facility with a wash area and storage, and an open car repair shed with two tracks under roof with capacity for 4 cars and a ready track that will hold 6 cars.

DeQueen, Arkansas
DeQueen & Eastern RR’s Map

PRC-Freight-Tariff-1000-1(eff. 04-01-19)
DQE 2000 – 1 Charge Catalog (eff. 01-01-19)

PRC-9005 Rule 11 FSC (eff. 01-01-19) 
June 2019 Fuel Surcharge (FSC) – 6.15%
July 2019 Fuel Surcharge (FSC) – 6.45%

PRC 9004 Interline/Rule 11 FSC (eff. 03-01-15)
June 2019 Fuel Surcharge (FSC) – 0.25¢ per mile
July 2019 Fuel Surcharge (FSC) – 0.26¢ per mile

Patriot Rail Credit Application

DeQueen and Eastern Railroad
412 E. Lockesburg Street
DeQueen, AR 71832
Phone: (870) 642-1422
Fax: (870) 642-1368

Customer Service Contact:
Phone: 1 (855) 955-RAIL (7245)
Fax: (904) 423-5388
Email: DQE-CS@patriotrail.com

Business Development Contact:
Patti Foy
AVP Business Development
Office: (904) 438-2451
Cell: (904) 772-4862
Email: patti.foy@patriotrail.com

Connecting Railroads:
BNSF @ Valliant, Oklahoma; UP at Perkins, Arkansas; and KCS at DeQueen, Arkansas

Primary Commodities Handled: 
Pulpboard, plywood chips, corn, stone, paper, soybeans and chemicals

To report non-service related emergency, please call 1 (855) 258-4514.