Patriot Rail affiliate, Lakeshore Railcar Services is a 34-acre,-service, logistics support complex located in East Chicago, IN, approximately 20 miles southeast of downtown Chicago, IL. In addition to rail tank car and tanker truck washes, Lakeshore offers transloading, truck/trailer mechanical repair, maintenance, hazardous materials (HM) testing, and waste water treatment services.
Tank Car Cleaning
- High pressure wash
- Heel removal for hazardous and non-hazardous material
- Track space up to 300 cars
- Media blasting, hydro and sand
- Ability to treat and dispose of non-hazardous waste water
- Full-service transloading facility
- Specializing in rail to truck / truck to rail liquid product transfer
- Hazardous & non-hazardous commodities
- On-site locomotive available for fast, easy switching
- Nitrogen padding, steam and compressed air services
- Heated, protected building for problem commodities
We offer 24-hour service, five days a week from 11p.m. Sundays through 11p.m. Fridays. We also have convenient Saturday hours from 7a.m. to 2p.m.
1150 E. 145th Street
East Chicago, IN 46312
Phone: (219) 392-8100
From Interstate 80/94 or Interstate 90
Take Cline Avenue (912) north to Chicago Avenue. Turn west on Chicago Avenue and proceed to Euclid Avenue. Euclid will be the first intersection past the Citgo tank farm. Turn north on Euclid Avenue and cross R.R. tracks. On the left will be the signs for the United Transportation Group. Turn left and follow road to Tank services, Inc. (about 200 yards).
Enjoy our drivers lounge with complimentary food while your tank truck is being cleaned!